Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Hubs Birthday

Yesterday was my husbands birthday. I was trying to get the girls excited to celebrate daddy's birthday since they were so tired from walking and being in school all day. We made a stop to Rite Aide cause Amelia wanted a toy and I felt bad that i pick up jojo 20 minutes late from school, I felt the need to get her something. We ended up buying daddy his birthday present. By the time we got home I was able to prepare a nice meal before hubby got home from work. I didn't get to finish setting up his birthday table but thankfully he did. Our menu for dinner was brown rice, baked porkchops with parmesan cheese and caramelized onions with peppers,  then some spanish beans to put over the rice. We also had diced cherry tomatoes with kettle corn bites salad with a tastful vinaigrette, simple and easy to make. To finish off the meal a nice Entemann's chocolate fudge square cake.  Daddys surprise dessert was left for another day.  The hubbs was very surprised about everything but I was so beat trying to get things done with no car, two tired girls and this rainy day!!! But all ended peacefully and everyone enjoyed the the day. I love doing small birthdays like these because even though we don't have alot in our pockets to plan big parties and we living on a budget, its the small things that make it very special. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the man in my life and in hopes he gets better from the cold.

Until the next Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment