Sunday, October 6, 2013

Monster High Cake!

Yesterday was my second cousin's birthday party. The theme was Monster High but she wanted a replica version of Draculora Sweet 1600th birthday cake. And i did just that! With some of my knowledge of cake decorating i put all my effort into this cake. The end results was that the birthday princess was happy and she loved it. I took about 12hrs of no sleep and mulitple breaks (because of the kids) to make this cake. Im not a professional or experince baker that i can do any cake less than 12hrs with no breaks.

I wanted to use cake box mix just to avoid getting stress out and it saves time. However, what i did was i added 3/4 cup of flour just so that the cake is not completely moist and easier to work with when working with layered cakes. I made homemade cream cheese frosting n try to make frosting to crumb coat my cakes before i put fondant. When crumb coating a cakes means that you are covering up the cake with frosting that way your not dealing with loose crumbs. Fondant is a edible clay made of marshmellow and sugar powder, its used to create figures and whatever design one comes up with.

What do you think about the cake? its one of the cakea ive made so far and im proud of the cakes i recently made. I greatful i started within family and now i have people reaching out to me about my cakes! Who knows maybe i see a business in the future..

Until the next blog!..

No comments:

Post a Comment