Wednesday, October 8, 2014

First Dental Appointment

FINALLY! There teeth have been taken care of...I'm pretty sure I'm not the only parent who is late taking their kids to the dentist and still not too late to go either. Don't get me wrong they have been to the dentist before but on those mobile dentist office by my college years ago. This time my girls finally have a dentist of their own that they can keep going to,  I'm pretty excited about that. I don't know what it every time a make appointment or an errand it's like I'm earning what my sister calls it "Mommy Points" so doctors appointment completed that's 1 mommy points, groceries done mommy point. It may seem lame..whose counting mommy points anyways, but knowing that when an errand is completed it feels awesome. So for this dental appointment I got a mommy point!! 

It's all about the importance of any kind of hygiene and teaching our kids how to take care so we don't have to do all the time even if it means to remind them every day to take a shower or brush their teeth. My sister and I, from what i remember, were never raised with the understanding of hygiene, my mother would just tell us "go take a shower" or "go brush your teeth". I remember going to the dentist once before in my life and i was told i needed braces after that appointment i never wanted to go back to the dentist. My mother did the best that she can when it came to our hygiene the rest was taken care of the young women in our lives....old friend, older sister and our aunts. Now that i have my girls , I will also do the best that I can to help my girls understand why it's important to take care of their hygiene and I know there are many reasons for a young girl to develop low self-esteem despite that i don't "I'm not pretty" to be one of them. I love my girls and I would always want them to always have a beautiful smile as they do now.

Until the next Blog...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you finally got the chance to bring your kids to a dentist they will call their own. It's never too late for anything. Anyway, both girls look really happy and behaved while sitting on the dentist's chair. They're smiles are so adorable! I bet you're one proud mom. That's more "Mommy Points" for you, if I may say so myself. Hahaha! Anyway, thanks for sharing that, Wendy! All the best to your family!

    Benny Murray @ Dental Care Of South Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m pretty sure you’re not the only one who takes their kids to the dentist a bit late. It’s not exactly a bad thing, especially if you have them brush their teeth regularly. Anyway, those mommy points can actually be mentally uplifting. Knowing that you’ve been accredited for accomplishing something will definitely make you want to do more. And the fact that it’s for the benefit of your children’s health makes it more gratifying. Thanks for sharing this with us, Wendy. All the best!


    Freddie Gray @ Ballantyne Center For Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always better to be late than never, right? Hahaha! Your girls look so brave and happy in those pictures. I'm sure that they enjoyed their first trip to the dentist, just by looking at their adorable giddiness and smiles. Thanks for sharing that wonderful milestone, Wendy! Kudos and all the best!

    Felipe Robertson @ Philly Dentist

    ReplyDelete